Monday, February 27, 2012

CONFERENCE EXCITEMENT by John Vonhoff

        

Are you excited? I am and here’s why:

  1. This week is the 25th Florida Christian Writers Conference near Orlando. Twenty-five years! Wow.
  2. Six continuing classes, mentoring tracks, 56 elective workshops, and 12 After Hours workshops.
  3. Cecil Murphy is the keynote speaker. He alone is worth the price of admission.
  4. An amazing faculty of excited 46 authors, agents, editors, and publishers.
  5. One-on-one meeting with the above 46 encouragers.
  6. Opportunities to have your submissions read and critiqued by the faculty.
  7. Opportunities to meet with exciting faculty for manuscript CPR.
  8. Worship in song and word.
  9. Great food.
  10. Opportunities to sit with your any of the 46 faculty during meals.
  11. Getting to experience Billie’s southern humor.
  12. Opportunities to connect with the conferees throughout the conference.
  13. The chance to learn what type of writing excites the conferees.
  14. Hearing the great ideas in the conferee’s queries and proposals.
  15. And finally, I am truly excited to share my workshops with the conferees. I have been fine-tuning my four workshops and two After Hours sessions. It’s fun.
  16. One more. I have been building my Wednesday night pre-conference session, called, “Reasons.” We’ll have fun.

I’ve been using my iPad to build my presentations. Capturing images, adding text and photos, managing transitions, making changes on the fly, adding newly found content – I love my iPad.

I look forward to seeing you  Wednesday night or Thursday for sure.

John Vonhof

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!